Kathy’s Urgent Care provides high quality, compassionate, urgent medical care to improve patients’ lives and their local communities in the Greater Hartford region. Founded by Dr. Thomas A. Brown, the first clinic opened in August 2015 at 672 Silas Dean Hwy, Wethersfield, CT 06109. A second clinic opened at 856 Cromwell Ave, Rocky Hill, CT 06067 on April 1, 2017. Both clinics treat non-life-threatening injuries and illnesses and provide routine preventative care such as physical examinations and inoculations. Most insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid (CT Husky) are accepted.
Dr. Thomas Brown
Dr. Thomas A. Brown, chief medical officer, remarks, “I founded Kathy’s Urgent Care two years ago to provide people with high quality health care without the hassle of long wait times or inconvenient hours. I want to give people the health care they deserve.”
Dr. Brown’s commitment to community-centered health care grows out of his experience in hospitals, emergency rooms, and as medical director of Doctors Express Urgent Care in West Hartford and Danbury, CT. Local control of urgent care clinics, he believes, helps provide services that keep up with the real and changing needs of our communities. This is also why Dr. Brown actively supports community organizations and events.
In addition to his clinical experience, Dr. Brown is a board-certified specialist in internal medicine and has completed the following programs of study:
· Residency in Internal Medicine, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH
· Doctor of Medicine, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV
· Medical Program, University College Dublin School of Medicine, Dublin, Ireland
· Bachelor of Science, Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT
He has also served as a medical school faculty member and has published scholarly articles and medical school textbooks. He continues to enjoy mentoring physician assistants, advanced practice registered nurses, and medical students as he cares for his patients.
Why Kathy's Urgent Care?
- Expert medical care when you need it.
- Convenient weekend and evening hours.
- Less wait time and expense than the ER.
- Prompt physical exams for immigration, employment, DOT, school, sports.
- On-site X-rays, lab tests, vaccinations, sutures, casting, respiratory treatment, and more.
- When you don’t need to go to the ER for a life-threatening situation or when your doctor can’t see you, come to Kathy’s Urgent Care.
- We accept Husky (Medicaid), Medicare and most insurance plans.