Join one of the leading urgent care chains in connecticut!
We recognize that your life and work experience might not fit neatly into the boxes of an employment application. We invite and encourage you, therefore, to write a letter to tell us anything else about yourself that you would like us to consider. We would be especially interested in learning of your interest in working in an urgent care setting. You might also take this opportunity to explain any special circumstances about your previous education or employment.
Please submit your letter and, as you wish, a formal résumé, along with this preliminary application to Dr. Thomas Brown, Chief Medical Officer, Kathy’s Urgent Care, 672 Silas Deane Highway, Wethersfield, CT 06109. You may also submit electronic copies of this preliminary application and supporting documents as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once we have reviewed this preliminary application and any supporting documents, we will inform you of the result and, if appropriate, invite you to submit a complete application to furnish us with additional information.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Kathy’s Urgent Care.
Download our Preliminary Application for Employment
Physician Assistant (PA)
Kathy’s Urgent Care (KUC) seeks competent, committed physician assistants to join our locally owned, rapidly expanding urgent care team. KUC provides high quality care for a diverse population on a walk-in basis. We offer a wide variety of medical services for non-life-threatening ailments, injuries, and for preventive measures. Our clinics are open Mon-Fri, 8:00am – 8:00pm, and Sat-Sun, 8:00am – 5:00pm. For more information about our practice, please visit our website at http://www.kathysurgentcare.com.
Under the supervision of a licensed physician, you will be expected to
- Administer injections, immunizations and other medical procedures
- Assess patient health through interviews and physical examinations
- Provide counsel and medical treatment to patients
- Educate patients on overall wellness and health maintenance
- Develop and implement patient management plans
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Keep detailed, accurate medical and billing records in conformity with KUC policies, standard medical practice, and state and federal laws
- Master’s-level degree in PA studies from a regionally accredited institution
- License from the State of Connecticut for PA practice, including valid prescriptive authority
- Familiarity with medical tools and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Enthusiasm for working as a member of a professional team
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience in an urgent care, emergency, family, or primary care medicine (at least 1 year preferred)
Send preliminary application, résumé, and an optional cover letter explaining why you want to work in an urgent care setting and how you believe your training and experience has prepared you for such a professional environment. Submit all documents as email attachments to email@example.com.